Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Morning Coffee

The Confession of the Sinner Under the New Covenant

Second, there is the confession of the sinner under the New Covenant. Jesus made a very important statement in the New Testament in John 16:7-11 concerning the sinner under the New Covenant. JOHN 16:7-11 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, HE WILL REPROVE THE WORLD OF SIN, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Jesus tells us that the sinner will be convicted by the Holy Spirit of but one sin, and that is the sin of rejecting Jesus: “ Actually, the sinner couldn’t confess all the sins he’s ever committed. He couldn’t even think of everything he’s ever done that was wrong. No, the main confession the sinner must make is the Lordship of Jesus. ROMANS 10:9 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Amen

Blessings
jlnministries

No comments:

Post a Comment