Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Morning Coffee

Four Kinds of Confession

You will find four kinds of confessions spoken of in the New Testament.
The Jews’ Confession of Sin
First, John the Baptist and Jesus’ teaching to the Jews which was the confession of their sins.
MARK 1:4,5 4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. 5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, CONFESSING THEIR SINS.
The Confession of the Sinner
Second, there is the confession of the sinner under the New Covenant.
JOHN 16:7-11 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, HE WILL REPROVE THE WORLD OF SIN, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
This is 2 of 4 I'll bring the last 2 Friday. Amen

Blessings
jlnministries

No comments:

Post a Comment