Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Morning Coffee

The Believer Confessing His Sins

Notice that the third kind of confession that is spoken of in the New Testament is of the believer confessing his sin when he has broken fellowship.
PSALM 137:1-4
1 By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. 2 We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. 3 For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion. 4 How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?
We see that Israel had sinned. They were carried away into captivity in Babylon.
(Ps. 137:4). This is a picture of broken fellowship. We as Christians lose our testimony the moment we sin. Sin always puts the light out. Faith has no song when fellowship is broken!
1 JOHN 1:3-10
The word “fellowship” is mentioned four times in these verses.They are not written to sinners. Don’t ever use these verses in praying with a sinner; they don’t belong to him.
God is saying that if I’m out of fellowship and I declare that I am spiritually all right, I’m not telling the truth because I’m not all right with God. If I say I have not committed sin, and yet my fellowship with God is broken, then my faith is feeble. Amen

Blessings
jlnministries

No comments:

Post a Comment