Friday, September 22, 2017

Morning Coffee

Dying Brings Life

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10 Scripture reading: 2 Corinthians 12:1–10; 13:5–9

I must understand how mortality can be “swallowed up” (2 Cor. 5:4). I must know how the old body, the old tendencies to the fallen nature, may be swallowed up. There is a verse we must come to. It would serve us to look at it now: “Always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body”
(2 Cor. 4:10).
What is this “dying of the Lord”? It is dying to desire. In the measure that we look to one another for our help, we lose faith in God. If you rely upon any man or woman, upon any human assistance, to help you, you fall out of the greater purpose God has for you. You must learn that no earthly source can ever assist you in this. You are going to this realm of life only by mortality being swallowed up by life: “And the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God” (Gal. 2:20). It is a process of dying and living. Amen, so true.

Blessings Shabott Shalom
jlnministries

No comments:

Post a Comment